Membership of WCXCT is open to individuals who would like to stay informed about the Trust’s plans and activities regarding Wisbech Corn Exchange.
The Trust is open to individuals on payment of an annual donation of just £6 to cover administrative costs.
Public meetings and local community consultation are integral to the future of the building. Members shall be welcome to provide opinions on this basis.
The small print
1) Membership is open to individuals who are approved by the trustees.
(a) The trustees may only refuse an application for membership if, acting reasonably and properly, they consider it to be in the best interests of the Trust to refuse the application. (b)The trustees must inform the applicant in writing of the reasons for the refusal within twenty-one days of the decision.
The trustees must consider any written representations the applicant may make about the decision. The trustees’ decision following any written representations must be notified to the applicant in writing but shall be final.
2) Membership is not transferable to anyone else.
3) Every member shall have one vote at public meetings.
Termination of membership
Membership is terminated if:
1) The member dies;
2) The member resigns by written notice to the Trust unless, after the resignation, there would be fewer than two members;
3) Any sum due from the member to the Trust is not paid in full within six months of it falling due;
4) The member is removed from membership by a resolution of the trustees that it is in the best interests of the Trust that his or her membership is terminated.
How to Join
If you would like to become a member of Wisbech Corn Exchange Conservation Trust please complete the form below, and post your cheque (payable to Wisbech Corn Exchange Conservation Trust) and post to Wisbech Corn Exchange Conservation Trust, c/o Community Base, 113 Queens Road, Brighton BN1 3XG. We will be in touch when your membership has been processed.